This is a version of WhatsApp that allows the users to use this application on their PC or Laptop. Also, this app has many great features that you might not even find on the mobile version of WhatsApp. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about WhatsApp Web and we will teach you more detail about it. Also, care about your social media security to prevent social media attacks because attackers can easily hack WhatsApp and expose your information.
How to edit your profile on WhatsApp Web?
You can easily edit your profile on WhatsApp Web to edit your personal information such as your name, profile photo, and more. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open your WhatsApp web application or use a computer browser to enter WhatsApp Web.
- Select your profile icon and then select Upload photo or Take a photo to change your picture from the computer.
- You can see your name under your profile photo. Select the pencil icon to edit it.
- Similarly, you can edit the About section that is under your name by tapping on the pencil icon.
- Unfortunately, you can’t share status in the Web version of WhatsApp but you can still view the status of your contacts. To do this, select the status icon that is next to your profile photo and then tap on the contact that you want to see his status.
also read : how to hide your number in whatsapp
How to activate dark mode in WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web does not support dark mode but there are two methods that you can use to enable this option. You can either install the relevant plugin or use the Inspect Element feature in your browser. To activate dark mode in WhatsApp Web, follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer and log in using a QR code. To do this, enter WhatsApp on your Android mobile phone and select the three-dot icon to enter the Settings and select WhatsApp Web. If you have an iPhone device, open WhatsApp, select Settings, and click WhatsApp Web. Then scan the QR code on your computer to log in.
- After logging in, Right-click on the WhatsApp Web page and click on the Inspect Element option. Then search for body class = “web”. If you’re using a browser like Safari for Mac, you might need to search for body class = ” web text-rendering-bug-fix”. Right-click on it and select Edit.
- Change the line to body class = “web dark text-rendering-bug-fix”.
- Now press Enter on your keyboard to use the changes. After that, you can use the dark mode on WhatsApp Web.
- Also, you can install the Stylus plugin in Google Chrome or Firefox if you don’t want to follow these steps.
- Then all you need to do is to install the Dark WhatsApp style from this website or just use Github for installing this style.
- Now you can open WhatsApp Web and use the dark mode.
also read : how to add people to whatsapp groups
How to make voice/ video calls on WhatsApp Web?
Although you can use WhatsApp Web to communicate with your friends and family, share your photos and videos, check status, archive chats and block the users, you’re not allowed to make voice and video calls on WhatsApp Web. But if you want to use WhatsApp to make voice or video calls, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to www.bluestacks.com and download Bluestacks, which is an Android emulator for PC.
- Then, enter WhatsApp and register with the phone number you use in this service.
- The problem here is that when WhatsApp registers a number on Bluestacks, the number on the previously registered device stops working. This means that now you’re only allowed to use WhatsApp on Bluestacks and you can’t use it on your phone anymore.
- The good thing about Bluestacks is that when you set up WhatsApp with your phone number, you can add contacts to your account, open their chats and make voice and video calls.
How to stop auto-download on WhatsApp Web?
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not have a feature for downloading all media at the same time. Likewise, there’s no feature on WhatsApp Web for automatically downloading media files. Therefore, since there’s no option related to automatically downloading media files from WhatsApp Web, you don’t need to be worried about filling your storage space.