Telegram automatic download removal – Telegram is a cloud-based application with many great features such as synchronization and smooth data transfer. You can easily store your data in the cloud without needing to store all of it on your device. Also, this app allows you to have access to your data and messages from multiple devices at the same time. One of the most amazing features of Telegram is the automatic download of media. In general, this feature is useful and allows you to automatically download media when you’re connected to the Internet but it can also drain your internet volume and you can easily disable this feature if you want.
Most social network platforms use the Auto-download feature and it can consume your internet. The good news is that you. Can enable or disable this feature or set the download to mobile data or wifi. In the following, we will give you the Telegram automatic download removal tutorial. Also, increase your social media security to prevent getting a Telegram hack
Remove automatic download in Telegram
Open the Telegram application and follow the steps below to disable the Telegram Automatic Download option.
- Click on the three-line icon at the top left of your screen.
- On the next page, click on the Settings option and then tap the Data and Storage option.
- On the next page, enter the Automatic media download section and make the necessary adjustment the way you like.
- By making sure all three auto-download media toggle buttons are gray, you can disable the Auto-download option completely.
- Also, you can enable or disable the Auto-download option on WiFi, mobile data, and roaming.
- If you want to reset the auto-download settings, click on the Reset auto-download settings.
Stop auto-downloading specific media on Telegram
To stop auto-downloading specific media on Telegram, first, enter the Telegram settings, click on the Data and Storage option and follow the steps below.
- In the Automatic media download section, you will see three options including When using mobile data, when connected to Wi-Fi and When roaming.
- By tapping on these options, you will see a page where you can select a specific type of media for automatic download including photos, videos, and files.
- Tap the toggle bar of the media you want to make adjustments according to your needs.
note that the toggle bar under the Data usage section shows your internet usage settings and also, all the Telegram voice messages are downloaded automatically because they don’t consume your internet that much.
How to reduce mobile internet usage?
Telegram automatic download removal allows you to reduce your internet usage but there are also other methods that you can use to reduce your mobile internet usage. In the following, we will mention some of them.
Postpone downloads when you’re not connected to Wi-Fi
To reduce your mobile internet usage, try not to update or download something when you’re using your mobile data and wait to connect to Wi-Fi. Also, try to ignore new update instructions and say no when your phone asks you to update something with your mobile data.
Disable Wi-Fi Assist or Smart Network Switch
Mobile phones have built features to amplify your Wi-Fi signal by using your mobile data. On iPhones, this feature is called Wi-Fi Assist, and on Android, it is called Smart Network Switch.
To disable Wi-Fi Assist on your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Open the settings and select Cellular.
- Scroll down and select the Wi-Fi Assist option.
To disable Smart Network Switch on your Android device, follow the steps below.
- Open the settings and enter the Connections section.
- Click on the three dots at the top right and then tap Advanced.
- Tap on the Switch to mobile data option.
Close your apps when you’re done using them
One of the methods that you can use to reduce your mobile internet usage is to close your apps after using them because when programs run in the background they can use your Internet. If you’re using an iPhone, double click the home button and drag the apps you want to close. If you don’t have a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Hold your finger on the screen and lift your finger after seeing the app preview.
To close apps on an android device, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, hold, and then release no drag the apps you want to close upwards.