Using WhatsApp is not just limited to mobile phones. By using WhatsApp Web, you can have access to this messaging platform on Windows, Mac, tablets, or iPad. The good thing is that you can easily install WhatsApp on these operating systems and you don’t need a phone.
WhatsApp Web is very similar to its mobile version with many great features. In this article, we will teach you how to use WhatsApp on a PC without a phone.
Note that, to use WhatsApp Web, you need to have your Android or iPhone phone near your computer and we will also explain if you can use it when your phone is turned off and away from your PC and you will know about many great features of this version of WhatsApp after reading this article.
How to use WhatsApp Web?
As we already mentioned, WhatsApp Web is similar to the WhatsApp that we use on our mobile phones and you can easily use WhatsApp on a computer without a phone. Follow the steps below to learn how to use WhatsApp Web:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to http://www.web.whatsapp.com.
- Now you will see a QR code on the screen that you need to scan. If you use an Android phone, open your WhatsApp application, select the three-dot icon, and tap WhatsApp Web. Likewise, if you use an iPhone mobile, open WhatsApp, go to the Settings, and then select WhatsApp Web.
- Now scan the QR code on the screen of your laptop or your computer to enable WhatsApp web on your system. You can have a conversation with your contacts by entering their chat page. Also, you can select the new chat icon to start a new chat.
- WhatsApp Web works on Mac and Windows for recording only.
- Note that the phone that you use for your WhatsApp account must be turned on with an internet connection so that you can use WhatsApp Web.
also read : how to hide your number in whatsapp
WhatsApp Web: How to download and use QR code?
If you want to use WhatsApp on your desktop regularly, you can use another method instead of using a web browser and use WhatsApp on a computer without a phone. To do this follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.whatsapp.com/download on your computer and select enter.
- Go to the section related to downloading WhatsApp for Mac or Windows PC and tap the green Download button.
- After the download process is complete, install it and then open it.
- Now you can see the QR code that we already talked about.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and scan the QR code. If you’re an Android user, enter WhatsApp, select the three-dot icon and click WhatsApp Web. If you’re an iPhone user, open WhatsApp, select Settings, and then click WhatsApp web.
- Before scanning the QR code, check the Keep me registered option that is located under the QR code so that you don’t have to scan this code every time you open the app.
- Run WhatsApp on your computer as a program to finish this process.
Does WhatsApp Web work when your mobile phone is turned off?
You can’t use WhatsApp Web on your PC and tablet if the synced mobile phone is turned off. To work with WhatsApp Web, the mobile phone that you use for your WhatsApp account needs to be turned on and also must be connected to the internet.
Note that after getting connected to WhatsApp Web, even if you shut down your system or close your browser, you won’t be logged out of WhatsApp Web. In this case, your chats on WhatsApp will open every time you go to the web.whatsapp.com.
In addition, you can use WhatsApp Web even if you’re miles away from your mobile phone. This means that you don’t need a nearby phone and as long as your phone has an active connection, you can work with WhatsApp Web.
you can also read : How to backup your WhatsApp data in Google Drive?
In this article, we discuss how to use WhatsApp on a computer without a phone. You can easily work with WhatsApp on your computer by using only a browser or downloading the computer version of WhatsApp.
Also, while you’re using social media, make sure to increase your social networks safety to protect yourself against WhatsApp spy apps and getting a WhatsApp hack.