In this article, we want to teach you how to save the photos and videos that you receive in WhatsApp from the Camera roll of your mobile phone or computer. If you don’t know how to send your WhatsApp photos and videos to your gallery, we will teach you how to do that. These tricks are very simple and you can easily learn how to save WhatsApp videos on different operating systems by reading some special instructions. Also, improve your Whatsapp security to prevent hacking WhatsApp.
How to save WhatsApp photos and videos on Android?
Now it’s time for you to learn how to save WhatsApp videos on different operating systems. On Android phones and tablets, WhatsApp automatically stores your photos and videos and transfers them to your gallery. But if you have disabled the feature that automatically downloads photos and videos, you need to do it manually. In this case, all you have to do is to select the Download button (down arrow symbol) in the right corner of the screen when previewing your media. Wait until the download process is over and then you can see that media in your gallery.
In general, photos and videos that you download from WhatsApp, are stored in the WhatsApp folder of your device memory and you can use third-party software such as X-plore File manager to access them manually. Note that the content on this folder can be automatically removed which doesn’t consume your memory space. This means that the photos and videos are removed from the device memory but you can still see them in the gallery app.
How to save WhatsApp photos and videos on iOS?
Saving WhatsApp files is also very simple for iOS devices. Note that WhatsApp photos and videos are usually added to the Camera Roll automatically. The phone’s operating system can detect the WhatsApp folder in your device. So you can access a copy of the files in your Camera Roll by saving the photos manually. After syncing, you can find your WhatsApp files on iTunes and iCloud and even after deleting and logging out your Whatsapp account or your gallery, you can still have access to these files. Take the following steps to save pictures and videos in Camera Roll.
- Open the message from which you want to download a file.
- Select the Download button that is placed at the bottom left.
- Choose the photo or video that you want to download from the menu that you see.
How to save WhatsApp data on your computer?
Since we are teaching you how to save WhatsApp videos on different operating systems, you need to know how to do this on a computer. This method is for the people that use the computer version of the WhatsApp application. Users can easily save photos and videos directly to their computer’s image folder and they don’t need to transfer files from their phone to the computer. In the following, we will teach you how to do this on Windows or Mac.
If you’re working with Windows and you haven’t downloaded WhatsApp yet, you should:
- Log in to the WhatsApp website and select the Download for Windows icon to install the WhatsApp.exe file.
- After the download is done, you can easily open it.
Sometimes you need to scan your QR code to associate the WhatsApp app with your phone.
To do this on Android devices,
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and select the three-dot icon.
- Tap on WhatsApp Web
- Select the + icon and scan the QR code that appears on the computer screen.
To do this on iPhone,
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and enter the settings.
- Select WhatsApp Web/ Desktop.
- Tap on the Scan QR Code feature.
After logging in to WhatsApp Desktop, select the message that contains the photo or video that you want to download. Then, do the following:
- Move the mouse over the photo or video and click on it after seeing the down arrow icon on the upper right.
- Select Download and tap on the Window IMAGES folder on the left side of the new File Explorer window and then click Save.
The only difference between this method with the previous one is how to install the program and manage the photo storage window. To transfer WhatsApp files to the Picture folder on Mac, you should:
- Use a computer to log in to WhatsApp and select the Download for Mac OS option.
- Select the file you downloaded and drag it to the apps folder.
- Right-click on the icon that is created in the folder and click Open on the menu. Select the Open icon again.
Now you can repeat the previous method to use your account on WhatsApp Desktop Mace and download the WhatsApp photos and videos that you want.