When you create a WhatsApp account, you need to enter your number to register but it’s pretty common for users to want to hide their number and stop other users from having access to it. In this article, we want to discuss if there’s a way for hiding your number and How to hide your number in WhatsApp.
Unfortunately, it’s not very easy to hide your number on WhatsApp because you need to enter a valid phone number to register but it doesn’t mean that you have to use your real number. We will tell you in the following how to register on WhatsApp without using your main phone number.
How to hide your phone number in WhatsApp?
As we already mentioned, you need your phone number to create a WhatsApp account but you can also use some online services to have access to temporary registration numbers. In the following, we will give you more details about this.
Get a new phone number
There are lots of online services and websites that you can use to get a temporary number so that you can create a WhatsApp account without using your number.
Google Voice is one of the best free online services that offers personal and business services. Also, it allows you to forward calls by using your number, make phone calls for free and send messages to communicate with the people you want. You can use the number that this website gives you to make and receive calls and SMS and create a WhatsApp account.
Just like Google Voice, Talkatone is a great way for hiding your number in WhatsApp and it enables the users to get an alternative phone number with the US or Canadian code and you can also change this number. This website includes ads but you can solve this problem by using a phone number to verify your account.
There are also other programs that you can use to get a phone number such as Burner, Flyp, Sideline, and Hushed.
In this article, we want to use Google Voice for creating a WhatsApp account. To set up Google Voice, first, you need a Google account to get a Google Voice number. Then, you can take the next step to start this process.
Set up a new WhatsApp account
After getting a new phone number using one of the services mentioned above, you are allowed to set up your new account to hide your number in WhatsApp. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First, log out of your current WhatsApp account, and on the login page, enter the new number you received from Google voice instead of your main phone number.
- Now click next to confirm your number and select OK to enter the next page.
- In this step, WhatsApp asks to see your SMS messages so that it can recognize the verification code but you should not allow this because the code is sent to your Google Voice number. Select Not Now and enter the six-digit code manually.
- On the next page, you need to enter your name and then you will be taken to your new inbox.
Note that, even though you have used a replacement number, you will still have access to your contacts but they can’t see your name in your account unless you give them your new number.
How to change your WhatsApp phone number?
If you have a new number and you don’t want to create a new account, you can easily change your phone number on WhatsApp. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Settings > Account > Change number.
- Now you need to enter your old phone number in the box above and your Google Voice number in the box below.
- Select Next and click Notify Contacts if you want your contacts to know you have changed your number.
- To save and confirm your new phone number, select Done, and this way you can finish this process.
In this article, we discussed how to hide your number in WhatsApp. Although you need your phone number to log into WhatsApp you can still use alternate phone numbers instead of your main phone number. You can use this new number to protect your privacy and security and prevent things like WhatsApp hacking and also hide your number in WhatsApp.