Why do WhatsApp notifications not work? Sometimes WhatsApp users might encounter some problems related to the notifications. Sometimes you can’t hear their sound or messages are not reviewed. This can happen for a variety of reasons such as the recent WhatsApp update, problems related to the internet connection, data restriction, operating system issues, and more. Whatever the reason is, this is an annoying problem that you need to fix immediately. In the following, we will tell you how to fix the sound problem in WhatsApp notifications and we will offer you effective solutions for it. Also, increase your security on social media to prevent hacking WhatsApp .
A simple way that will solve the problem
Enter the Settings on your device and go to the notifications section. On this page, click the WhatsApp application, try to find the “Important” option, and tap on it. By doing this, the sound and the WhatsApp notification screen will be displayed and your issue will most likely be fixed. If you still have problems with your WhatsApp notifications, we will discuss some methods in the following that you can use.
Before solving the problem, make sure that:
You are connected to a stable and your Wi-Fi or mobile data is turned on.
Restart your mobile phone.
If after restarting your phone, you still have problems, use the following techniques.
Enable Notification Sound & Vibration
If you can receive notifications from your applications except WhatsApp, you may have a problem simply because you haven’t enabled notifications for this app. To do this,
- Go to your WhatsApp application, select the three-dot symbol in the upper right corner, and select Settings.
- Select notifications and enable Conversation tones. Here you can set the vibration length the way you like.
- Below, you can see the Group Chats settings and enable the Use high priority notifications feature.
Disable Power Saving Mode
The Power Saving Mode will disable WhatsApp notifications automatically because it can disable all network connections and your phone activities. So if you use this feature, you can no longer receive notifications from the app. Follow the steps below to disable Power Saving Mode on Android:
- Open the Settings, enter the Battery section and select Power Saving Mode.
- If the option is enabled, you can disable it by selecting the button.
Note: this procedure can be different on different devices. So try to use the Search option in the Settings.
Grant WhatsApp all permissions
If you can’t fix the sound problem in WhatsApp notifications and the above tricks can’t solve your issue, you can check other settings. Make sure to grant WhatsApp all permissions because if WhatsApp can’t have full access to your device, notifications problems can easily happen.
For the app to be able to access all permissions:
- Open the settings, enter the Apps section and select WhatsApp.
- Click on Permissions and grant all the necessary permissions to allow WhatsApp to run smoothly.
Enable Background Data
If you want to fix the sound problem in WhatsApp notifications, enabling the Background Data feature might solve your problem. To do this,
- Go to the settings and select Apps & Notifications.
- Search for Data Usage and select WhatsApp.
- Enable the Background Data option or make sure that it’s already enabled.
Clear WhatsApp cache
When WhatsApp cache starts to accumulate in a specific amount, it can cause problems. So it’s better to clear your WhatsApp cache data every once in a while to fix the sound problem in WhatsApp notifications. To clear your WhatsApp cache, follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings on your device and find Application Manager.
- Open WhatsApp and select the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
- Now check if you still have a problem with receiving WhatsApp notifications.
If so, you can use a WhatsApp Cleaner app to detect and remove extra files that can cause annoying problems and improve the way your device is performed.
Reset WhatsApp notifications
One of the methods that you can use to fix the sound problem in WhatsApp notifications is resetting WhatsApp notifications and it will also help you get back to the default messenger. To reset WhatsApp notifications on Android:
- Launch WhatsApp messenger and select the three-dot symbol at the top right to enter the settings.
- Select Notifications, tap the three-dot symbol again, and select Reset Notifications Settings.