You might want to delete your Instagram account for different reasons. For example, you might want to stay away from social media for a while or you might want to give yourself a break. In the following, we will explain how to delete or deactivate your Instagram account. Stay tuned to learn more about this. Also, increase your security to prevent Instagram hacking.
What’s the difference between deleting an account and deactivating an account on Instagram?
By deleting your Instagram account, you will lose all of your information such as all of your posts, comments, likes, followers, photos, videos, and all of your data on Instagram. This means that once you delete your account, you can never get your account and all of your information back. So if you like to temporarily delete your account and keep all of your information, we recommend you deactivate your account for a while instead of completely deleting it.
How to deactivate your Instagram account?
When you deactivate your account on Instagram, all of your information will disappear as long as you don’t sign in to your Instagram account and your profile, all of your posts, comments and… will be hidden for other users but as soon as you sign in, everything will go back to normal and you will get your account back. Follow the steps below to deactivate your Instagram account. Note that You’re not allowed to deactivate your account on the Instagram application.
- Use a browser to go to Instagram.com and log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to your profile page and click on the “Edit profile” option
- Go to the bottom of your screen and tap on the “Temporary Disable my account” option
- Now you will be asked about the reasons for disabling your account. Choose an option and re-enter your Instagram password.
- Click on the “Temporary Disable Account” option to end this process.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account?
As we already mentioned, remember that by deleting your Instagram account, you will no longer have access to all of your information on Instagram and also, you can never use the same username for creating another account on Instagram. Take the steps below to delete your Instagram account.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page by using a browser and log in to your Instagram account.
- You will see a list called Why are you disabling your account? Now you need to select one item from the list and re-enter your Instagram password.
- Click on the “Permanently delete my account” option to delete your Instagram account.
If you want to delete another Instagram account, click on your username that is located on the upper right of the Delete Your Account page and tap on the gear icon that is beside your username, and tap on the “LogOut” option. Now log in by using the username that you want.
How to hide your Instagram activity?
Instagram has created a space for users to share their photos and videos and use different filters but new features are added to this wonderful application every day. One of these features that is related to personal privacy is called the “Show Activity Status” feature. This feature enables the users to be notified about the last time other users were active on Instagram. You can easily hide your online time on Instagram if you don’t like other users to know about the last time you were online. In the following, we will teach you how to do this.
How do we know about the activity status of users on Instagram?
You can see the activity status of other users in the Direct section. You can see some numbers below the username of the Instagram users in the Direct section. Those numbers show the last time the users logged into their Instagram account and you can know about the last time there were online. Although, you might not be interested in other users noticing your online time. Follow the steps below to disable this option on Instagram.
How to disable the “Show Activity Status” feature on Instagram?
- Open the Instagram application and go to your profile page.
- Tap on the three-line icon at the top right of your profile page and enter the settings
- Select the “Privacy” option and click on the “Activity Status” option
- Disable the “Show Active Status” option
Note that after disabling this feature, you will no longer be able to know about the activity status of your friends on Instagram.