change your name on Twitter – It’s pretty normal to select an appropriate username and after some time feel like you want to change it. Selecting the right username for your Twitter account can make you seem more professional and attract the attention of your audience. By selecting a good username and display name, your followers can remember you more easily and you can simply capture their attention. The good news is, If you don’t like your current username, you can easily change it to any name that you like. All you need to do is to take a few steps. in this article. We will tell you how to change your name on Twitter and give you more details about this subject.
How to change your username on Twitter?
Before learning how to change your Twitter username, you need to know what it is. The username on Twitter is the name written in front of @ and Other users can tag you or refer to you by this name, but it’s somehow different from your display name. To change your Twitter username, follow the steps below.
- Use a browser to open the Twitter website
- Go to the left navigation panel and select More> Settings> Privacy.
- Open your account and tap on the Username option.
- Type the new username you want to use and select the Save option.
If the name you want to choose as your username has not already been chosen by another Twitter user, you won’t find any problems in this section. Also, note that it’s not right to constantly change your username on Twitter because users usually use that name to interact with you or search for you. So try not to change your username too much to be more accessible to others and allow users to easily find you on Twitter.
How to change your display name on Twitter?
Your display name on Twitter is different from your username and unlike the username, you can choose your own name as your display name. For example, you can use your business name for your username and change your display name to your name.
It’s important to know that you need to use a specific name for your username but your display name doesn’t need to be special and you can change it to any name that you like. As we already mentioned, it’s better to have a consistent username and display name to be reachable for Twitter users and easily communicate with them. So keep in mind to only change your username and display name a few times. To change your display name on Twitter, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Twitter website.
- Click on the Profile option in the left navigation panel.
- Select the Edit profile option.
- Type the display name you want to use and tap on the Save option.
How to change your username and display name on Twitter using a web browser?
- Use a browser to open the Twitter website.
- Tap on your profile picture that is located on the left side of the page.
- Now tap on the Edit profile option.
- Now type the name you want to use in the Name field( you can add up to 50 characters for your display name).
- After you’re done, click on the “Save” option.
How to change your Twitter display name on a mobile phone?
- Enter your Twitter application on your Android or iOS device.
- Click on your profile photo at the top to enter your profile page.
- Click on the Edit profile option.
- Now click on your name and change it to the name you want to use. ( it can be up to 50 characters long and doesn’t need to be specific).
- Now click on the “Save” option to end the process.
In this article, we taught you how to change your name on Twitter. Note that your username and display name on Twitter is different. You need to use a unique and specific name for your username and use any name that you like including your name for your display name. Also, remember to increase your safety on social networks to prevent things like hacking Twitter because social media hacking can easily put your safety at risk and expose all of your personal data.