In the past, Instagram was just a platform for entertainment but now it has turned into a business platform that helps businessmen find new customers and interact with them. So, all of the Instagram options can be used as marketing tools to advertise a brand or business. One of these marketing tools is geotagging, which is a particular place where content is made. In general, not only do all businessmen need to know how to add their location to Instagram content but also social networks executives, bloggers, or even ordinary users need to use this feature. In this article, we will teach you how to add a new location to Instagram and you’ll know more details about this subject. Also, increase your security to prevent Instagram hacking.
Why do you need to add your location on Instagram?
As we already mentioned, everyone needs to add their location on Instagram. In the following, we will discuss the most common conditions that might require adding a geotag.
- When you have a company that operates offline( restaurant, fitness club, store, etc.) Also, if you want to operate online, you need to add a location on Instagram. If you want to create a Facebook or Instagram account, you must add your own location.
- Sometimes people create location tags on their website. Although users can access the website directly by tapping on the tag, a tag can attract the attention of the users to find out what’s going on in the website.
- The third case is the most common one and it’s related to ordinary users. Sometimes users invent names for their homes, events, and jobs and want to create location tags to add to Instagram.
How to create a new location tag on Instagram?
It should be noted that you can’t directly create a geotag on Instagram. To create a new location tag on Instagram, you need to first create a Facebook business page and link it to your Instagram account. When you add a location tag to your Facebook account, it will automatically appear on Instagram. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First, log in to your Facebook business account.
As you might already know, Facebook owns Instagram. So they can get linked and all the steps start with Facebook.
- After logging in, click on “What’s on your mind” and then select the “Check-in” option.
Note that you need to make sure your device allows location access to Facebook. You can find this option in the settings.
- Type the name of the place you want to use as a location tag in the “Where are you” search bar.
If you can’t find the place you’re looking for, Facebook will suggest you add a new location. Note that you should be careful not to mistype the name of your company and make sure the first word is in capital letters.
- Scroll down the page and click on the “Add the name of the place” button.
- After selecting the button, you will go to the next page and you need to choose a category for the location you want to add.
- Choose your category from the options you see such as Just for fun, Home, advertising, etc, or search for the category you want in the “Search category” bar.
- After you’re done with choosing a category, you can select the location you want and pin it to the map.
- Then, on the next page, fill in the necessary information such as city, street address, postal card.
- Also, you can select the “I’m currently here” option if you want to automatically add your geographical location.
- Check your information and then select the “Create” option on the right side of the page.
Pay attention to the following notes:
- If the tag you want to create already exists, Facebook will offer you some options to change it. You can either use those options or find another name.
- Note that you can’t set the created geotag any longer.
- It might sometimes take a few minutes or even a few days for this geotag to appear on Instagram.
- The process of adding a new location to Instagram is the same for both Android and iOS devices.