filter inappropriate Instagram comments – How to filter Instagram comments? If you’re one of those people that are active on Instagram and regularly publish content, you might have faced many inappropriate and offensive comments.
Instagram is one of the most secure platforms that prioritizes the safety of users and immediately filters out any inappropriate and spam content.
If you constantly get inappropriate comments under your Instagram posts, stories, or IGTV videos you can easily get rid of those comments by filtering them. In the following, we will teach you 3 ways to filter inappropriate Instagram comments.
Key points about Instagram
Instagram cares about the privacy and safety of its users and filters out all inappropriate posts
Instagram has algorithms to keep posts, stories, and IGTV videos safe.
Instagram enables users to filter out words, numbers, and phrases that they don’t like to see in their comments.
important points before filtering comments on Instagram
Before taking any actions and reviewing the rules for filtering Instagram comments, you need to know about the important points below.
- When you use the comments filtering option, this option applies to all of your content. So all the offensive words in all of your posts will be removed.
- If you turn off the comments filtering feature, changes will be applied to your new content.
How to filter inappropriate Instagram comments?
Usually, Instagram deletes offensive and inappropriate comments by default. But you can use an app or a browser to make some changes to this option and increase your security.
You can use the Instagram comment filtering feature to remove the comments by the default Instagram keyboard or you can even type the words, phrases, and numbers that you don’t want to see in your comments manually.
In the following, you will learn three methods for filtering inappropriate Instagram comments.
Method 1: filtering comments with default words that Instagram finds inappropriate
- Open your profile page on Instagram and tap on the three-line symbol on the top right of your screen.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Comments
- Now select the Hide Offensive Comments option.
Method 2: filter the specific words manually
- Go to your profile page on Instagram and click on the three parallel lines symbol at the top right side of the page.
- Then go to the Settings > Privacy > Comments
- Now turn on the Manual Filter of words
- Type any word, phrase, number, and emoji that you don’t want to see in your comments.
Method 3: filter Instagram comments by a browser
- Use a browser to log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap on the icon that looks like a human and open the settings.
- Go to the Privacy and settings > Edit Comments Settings.
- Type the specific words or phrases that you want to hide or filter.
- Or you can use default keywords by clicking on the box next to it.
How to use the internet saving option on Instagram?
Another important Instagram trick that we want to discuss in this article is how to use the internet saving option on Instagram.
Instagram is one of the applications that waste your mobile data and we want to teach you a way for controlling your internet usage.
All you need to do is to use the Use Less Data option and this way the Instagram videos will not be automatically downloaded. Follow the steps below to control your internet usage on Instagram.
- Go to your Instagram profile and open the settings
- Click on the Cellular Data Use
- Click on the Use Less Data option
You can also disable your Instagram notifications to reduce your data consumption. You might not really need to receive notifications all the time and you can disable this feature to control your data usage.
To do this, go to your device’s settings and tap on the Notifications option to make the necessary changes.
In this article, we discussed some Instagram tricks and taught you how to filter Instagram comments and you can filter out the words you want manually by using an app or a browser to increase your safety on Instagram and prevent inappropriate comments.
Also, note that your safety on Instagram is very important and you need to protect yourself while using social media to stop attackers from hacking Instagram .
Besides, you can use our skills team for hacking and social media security .
Contact us for more details.